By default FoceSeatPM license is bound to specific device. It means that if the application/game is used with different motion platform, then separate license key is required for each motion platfrom. It is easy to imagine situation where that kind of license policy will be ane obstacle. Typical example is a game available in Steam where anybody can buy it. Solution to this problem is AppID mechanism. This document should help you to understand how to obtain AppID, what are requirements and how to implement it.
When can I get AppID?
There are following general requirements:
- You have successfully integrated ForceSeatMI in your application/game and the application/game works correctly with at least one of our motion platforms.
- You are ready to publish your application/game in online store (e.g. Steam) so literally everybody can buy it
- You are ready to sell your application/game to specific set of customers but for some reasons (security or military related) you just cannot publish it in typical online store – this kind of cases will required additional verification.
- You are ready to deliver a fully working beta version to us for verification. If you are prohibited to show the full product for some reason, a limited edition can be provided for verification as alternative.
What kind of AppID categories are available?
There are two AppID categories: for product and for publisher.
AppID for product
- This kind of AppID is bound to specific application/game.
- There is a dedicated profile in ForceSeatPM with product related name and icon (image).
- ForceSeatPM automatically detects the application/game installation in the system, configures it (if the application/game requires configuration) and binds the dedicated profile to it.
- The application/game executable name cannot be changed (the name is used during license verification) and it cannot be simple Run.exe.
- If the application/game executable is signed, ForceSeatMI also verifies the signature of the file.
AppID for publisher
- This kind of AppID is bound to the publisher and can be used in any publisher’s application/game.
- There is a SINGLE dedicated profile in ForceSeatPM named after publisher name, e.g. “ACME Products”.
- ForceSeatPM does not detect publisher applications/games automatically, users have to activate the “ACME Products” profile before they start the application/game.
- The application/game executable name is not checked.
- The application executable MUST be signed by “code signing certificate” (it can be self-sign-certificate).
- ForceSeatMI verifies the signature of the file, so all publishers applications/products must the same “code signing certificate”.
How to get AppID?
- Finish integration of the standard ForceSeatMI SDK in your application/game
- Remove all ActivateProfile calls from your code, they are not allowed when AppID is used
- Provide Steam ID to us if the application is available in Steam store.
- Provide beta version of the application for verification – we want to check if it uses the motion platform correctly and implement installation detection in ForceSeatPM.
- If you cannot provide normal version, please provide limited version (proof of concept) of the application so we can check basic functionally (and get .EXE file signature). This applies only to Publisher AppID cases.
- Provide suggested profile name and image (270×100).
- Once we verify the beta version, we will assign the AppID and send it to you.
- Add SetAppID call to your code, rebuild your application/game and send it to us once again.
- We finish integration and double check if everything works correctly.
- Next we send you beta version of the ForceSeatPM so you can verify it on your side.
- Finally when everything is confirmed to work correctly, we publish new ForceSeatPM for end users to download.